Do you remember the day you first said “Hey I just received an email?”
Yes there was the silly commercial saying to go along with it … “You’ve Got Mail!”
Bet today, if you are like most, when you first check that email from an absence…. You shudder as the device pulls in more and more of those once admired and even desired emails!
Time Of the year for “Unsubscribe”
Over the next month, make a personal goal to Unsubscribe from those unwanted emails…. it will feel cleansing and refreshing….
Here are some tips:
- Email browsers that have an unsubscribe button don’t work well
- Scroll to the bottom of the email and look for the Unsubscribe link and click – we find this is your best way to get off the list
- Give all emails about a week before re-unsubscribing – even daily emails for some reason take a few business days to cycle through
- It may be necessary to repeat the unsubscribe request in certain instances
- Do this for a few weeks to a month and you WILL see results-
Doing this annually will keep your email cleaner, but they will come back in many cases… so an annual clean up is helpful….
Lastly, if convenient, have an extra email that you have junk mail sent to and attempt to keep your primary email just for important information!
Have a Great ” You’ve got LESS mail” Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP