As we work through week three of our lock down, we know MANY of you have a much longer time frame and are in much more confined areas….
Hang tight, we will get through this!
Personal Coping Techniques
My hope is that, maybe just maybe, one of these may work well for you… so here we go!
One of my absolute favorite ideas is so simple and fun, hopefully you will think so too!
Ideally, find a way to get YouTube on a big screen… ROKU, Firestick or any smart TV will get you there…
Now – Search Live Web Cam there are a ton… find a place you like to go or have gone in the past or want to go … turn it on and leave it on as a subtle fun distraction!
Here are three streaming Live Web Camera family favorites:
Here are a few VERY personal tips I am trying to adhere:
- Get plenty of sleep, maybe even more than usual
- Get outside if at all possible
- Wear very bright clothes – ditching a person fav black – the positive color seeps into your mood
- Make sure to take daily vitamins
- Spend time with the family and have a few laughs – Oddly purple dye found its way into the 12 year old’s shampoo bottle, no idea how … haha
- Listen to upbeat music, not downer sad stuff, no sad love songs, fun dance or the like
- Spend a little extra time with the pets – they appreciate it and it will help you too
- No dark movies – Jim Carey..Mel Brooks …Disney + (just signed up for Disney+ – worth the $5/month)
- Do not take in too much news or social media and make sure to throttle negativity, be Informed but not consumed
- Exercise- push ups, old bar bell weights from the Garage are working well, sit ups, lunges and stretches
- If you are really having trouble with something, write it down – just the act of putting it on paper/text is soothing…. trust me on this one !
Golfers – this is from our local club, Pick your sport, I am sure there are others…
Ahhh… today is a Friday, heading into a weekend … have a great weekend and hope this has helped and maybe stirred some ideas of your own…feel free to share in the comments!
Have a Great “Personal Coping Techniques” Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP