Choosing not to attend a conference held by John Mauldin for over a decade, due to travel constraints, cost, and bad timing of the conference, this year his big conference of the year went virtual and the price dropped by a two thirds.
Not only because the above, but with a total of 42 speakers and counting, slides and transcripts along with a downloadable MP3 of each speakers talk, Lemonade from lemons occurred, and we signed up.
With over 40 hours of information, we plan on dedicating much if not all of our coming Newsletter to reviews of the speakers … the goal of the conference is to look into the future for “Economic Risks, Challenges and Opportunities in a Post Covid 19 World”
Meet Ian Bremmer AGAIN
Back in 2016 at a national conference (live, in person) we first crossed paths with Bremmer (a stand out thinker and Political Scientist) and wrote about his comments on the then coming election here.
Fast forward to today, and here are a few bullets from his virtual talk we found interesting.
- Taking 10% out of the Economy now may not feel as bad as times before since we are wealthier now.
- Maybe this is the crisis needed to really make some big items change.
- Unilateralism, not isolation. I.e. Canada, US, Mexico will become more connected unilaterally.
- Will we have a new global order? Nah, just an acceleration of what was happening anyway.
- Could this be Goldilocks Economy – Yes because this Crisis could bring GEO Political institution updates –
- GEO Politics are cyclical, just like Economies.
Look for more details, as mentioned above in the coming Newsletter…. but you get the gist… some good stuff!
Have a Great “Bremmer Future Forecast” Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP