Hello and Welcome to our August 2021 Financial Planning and Capital Market Update!
If you are too busy to read, feel free to listen as we describe our post and thoughts in friendly podcast audio format as well as Video!
We like to articulate our thoughts and review on a Monthly basis our Financial Planning Tips, Capital Markets and current events!
Hope you enjoy!
August 2021 Video
Financial Planning Tip(s)
Unemployment Fraud Alert
Multiple frauds occurring in continuous weeks, led us to write this post, reminding those that the fraudsters are still at it.
Their latest game…using stolen Socials and Employment information to gain unsuspecting employers Unemployment compensation.
While likely some accidentally fall through the cracks, we have yet to experience anything other than a mild inconvenience….
But do not let your guards down and if a victim, keep your eyes peeled for other items for the near term!
Child Tax Credit Confusion
After repeated confusion, here in this post we outline the new ADVANCED child tax credit payments than sneakily commenced several months ago…
Also a warning of an overworked IRS to keep line of sight to the funds in case we need to pay them back in the form of a higher tax bill when completing our 2021 Form 1040 Personal income tax return in April of 2022!
Capital Market Comments
Kyle Bass Forecasts
In this podcast derived post, we re-visit Kyle Bass again after a few year hiatus…
Here are his latest forecasts…. hopefully they come true
- The Federal Reserve will continue to support the markets with continued purchases.
- Federal Reserve feels responsible for Capital Markets … i.e. Every Federal Reserve member has a Bloomberg Investment terminal on their desk and post public talks, Fed members go back to their office to check the markets reactions to their comments.
- Much more inflation than actually as printed by CPI – (Consumer Price Index) Example of car price increases up 300% over last thirty years, but CPI auto costs increased 5% over that period.
- Cost of Food increases may cause social inequity problems.
- Oil hits $100 per barrel this year … due to mal investment over the last 7 years.
- Short term interest rates not to go higher than 1.5% and long term (10 year) rates will not go higher than 2.5%. i.e. Bernanke Helicopter speech outlines the difficulty in raising rates a lot once they are at a lowered level for some time.
- We push through the Delta Variant and there is a REAL re-opening effect that works its way through the economy (Hope this is correct!)
Have a Great Day, Talk to You at the End of September!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth