The summer garnered a new found passion towards Podcasts…. While we do our Monthly reviews and Newsletters in an Audio, Video, Podcast like format…. Most podcasts are an hour or longer, making for interesting deep dives into the discussion, especially if the person(s) talking are very intelligent in the specific material….
Hat tip JP for the shove in sharing your favorites…. I have taken the ball and run with it!
In another crossing with this interesting investor, Kyle Bass, on a paid podcast platform, specifically for professional investors…. we highlight Mr. Bass’ current thoughts…
Six years ago, we highlighted his thoughts here in our post and in reviewing his comments, his bets were very correct!
Forecasts and Future Expectations from Kyle Bass
Once again, like we did six years ago, in our public Diary of sorts, we outline Kyle’s thoughts for future reference …. so here we go:
- The Federal Reserve will continue to support the markets with continued purchases.
- Federal Reserve feels responsible for Capital Markets … i.e. Every Federal Reserve member has a Bloomberg Investment terminal on their desk and post public talks, Fed members go back to their office to check the markets reactions to their comments.
- Much more inflation than actually as printed by CPI – (Consumer Price Index) Example of car price increases up 300% over last thirty years, but CPI auto costs increased 5% over that period.
- Cost of Food increases may cause social inequity problems.
- Oil hits $100 per barrel this year … due to mal investment over the last 7 years.
- Short term interest rates not to go higher than 1.5% and long term (10 year) rates will not go higher than 2.5%. i.e. Bernanke Helicopter speech outlines the difficulty in raising rates a lot once they are at a lowered level for some time.
- We push through the Delta Variant and there is a REAL re-opening effect that works its way through the economy (Hope this is correct!)
These were actually done in order of the Podcast (basically taking notes while listening) but the most interesting in our opinion are the last three points…
Marked as Forecast, which we have had a lot of lately…will review for accuracy in the future!
Have a Great “Kyle Bass” Forecasting Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth