Hello and Welcome to our February 2019 Financial Planning and Capital Market Update!
If you are too busy to read, feel free to listen as we describe our post and thoughts in friendly podcast format as well as Video!
Newbies – We like to articulate our thoughts and review on a Monthly basis our Financial Planning Tips, Capital Markets and current events!
Financial Planning Tip (s) –
Job Change or Retirement Checklist
In our updated post here, we discuss a few handy items to grab and remember when you retire or change jobs.
Here are the bullets-
- Last Pay Check
- Employee Stock Purchase
- Deferred Comp
- Health Coverage
- Long Term Health Coverage
- New 401k
- Social Security Withholding
This post has turned into a full article in the coming Newsletter due to the great response and continued questions and ideas that were brought up-
Possible reasons for an IRON CLAD Institutional Trustee
- No other comfortable option – Many times a friend/family member is preferred
- Want an iron clad back up
- Calming possible family feuds
- Long lasting legacy desired
- Desired attention to details such as monthly distributions, bill payments etc.
Choose Beneficiaries Carefully
In this post, just earlier in the week, born from an in field experience – multiple questions in the office after – and the subject making its way into the Newsletter as well… just a great additional article to the Trust!
The most important item to remember in choosing a designated beneficiary on and account is it will over-rule your Will – choose carefully and review occasionally for safety of desired outcomes.
The Brain Shines at West Coast Event
Capital Market Comments –
Good News – Recovery without a Re-test – So far
Nothing to change from the prior month!
What a different a month makes – WOW! We literally have gone from the sky is falling to sunshine!
In our summary post in December, we mentioned that fast moving slumps, such as the one we had, frequently do not last long….
Here, earlier in the month we also mentioned that we fully expected some type of retest of those lows before we gained our footing.
We still do expect some type of re-test, but as of this date we have had the following positives that have added to the markets better mood:
- Federal Reserve (FOMC) have turned very cautious about raising rates further (We are happily surprised at their yielding, and even more surprised at market participants joy)
- Tariff talks are making progress – Interestingly, China has seen a slow down in their economy making for slightly more urgent talks – with a little compromise and statesmanship a resolve looks more likely – again a positive for capital markets.
- Earnings are still cranking along – For the prior 4-6 quarters, earnings were red hot and hitting on all cylinders, so hot, they were not sustainable. Companies are still reporting good earnings, just not the Red Hot, overheated earnings from prior quarters – this is good news as it avails the FOMC to not have to raise rates to slow the economy –
All in all a Win- Win!
Have a Great Day – Talk to you at the end of March!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth