Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D: Prescription Drugs
- Folks with Employer retirees coverage (Medicare subsidizes, employer wants Part D payments, careful with choices, AUDIO EXPLAINS well)
- Medicare managed care plans (almost all include Part D, no need to duplicate)
If you do not fall into either of these groups, you have 36 options in the state of Texas. Once again, YIKES!
Another Important tool for Picking the correct plan
With 36 options, finding the best Medicare Part D plan is best done using the Medicare.gov site we reviewed earlier, this time in a different area of the site:.
- Go to www.medicare.gov
- Click on “Drug Coverage Part D” drop down tab (direct link here)
- Click on the “Find health and drug plans” tab
- Enter your information and this handy tool will assist in picking the best plan for your situation
- Especially helpful if you are a child of an elderly parent who helps make these decisions (great example in the audio)
We give the directions as these direct links often change.
Annual open enrollment is Mid October through the end of each fiscal year.
Thanks Tom, once again, we appreciate it …. Wow what a lot of information !
Have a Great Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFPwww.jkfinancialinc.com www.street-cents.com 8222 Douglas Ave # 590 Dallas, TX 75225