Over the summer, while out of the office upon visiting a non-professional web site, an announcement popped up and my computer began talking to me….
“Alert… alert… you are about to get a Virus on you computer… Call 1 800 …”
Third time is a Charm
Last week we heard of a third such incident of such virus… BEWARE !!
What is interesting is in our small sample, this same virus has invaded both Windows and Apple products… A few handy steps and reminders
- Do not call…it is a fake
- Make sure you have updated the latest updates of your platform
- Run a virus scan after you stop the program
- Here is the Microsoft link for repair
- Here is the Mal Ware link repair and warning
- Here is the Apple Support link information
Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde … invasive, but not as dangerous !
Have a Great Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth