While it only seems like yesterday that we finished last years (2020) tax returns, that light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming 2021 due date….
As such, here are some of the delivery dates of tax forms.
Timing of Available Tax Documentation
- Delivery of 1099s: Currently, we expect the first wave of 1099s to begin posting online on January 21, 2022 with Advisor and client notifications going out shortly after. Estimated dates for the waves are below:
|Target Delivery Date*||Details|
|Wave 1||Close of business January 21, 2022||No holdings subject to reallocation (ex. RICs, REITs)|
|Wave 2||Close of business February 4, 2022||Low risk for reallocation; income reallocations finalized through January 29th|
|Wave 3||Close of business February 11, 2022||Clients with finalized income reallocations received from January 30th through February 3rd|
|Wave 4||Close of business February 11, 2022||Remaining clients|
- Correction Cycles - Begins March 3, 2022 and occurring every 2 weeks through April 14, 2022
There were a few questions this week on these, hence the heavy on a …….. FRIDAY!
Have a Great Day and a Great Weekend… stay warm if you are in our neighborhood, IF YOU CAN… talk next week!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
- Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
- A Dallas Texas based fee only
- Financial Planning Total Wealth
- Management firm.