With the first Presidential Debate a few Mondays away we thought it timely to remind everyone on BOTH sides of the fence, long term, Capital Markets are only concerned with earnings and growth.
Capital Markets Indifferent to Political Persuasions
- There will be some headwinds and tailwinds for certain sectors of the economy, depending on the possible result
- Historically, one party has been better for capital markets than another (see our research here)
- The world does not end with a Presidential change
- Before an election, the uncertainly seems monumental, think Y2K!
- After the election……some slight change in policy, maybe
- Capital markets most dislike uncertain events which an election can bring (think Brexit)
- Life goes on after the election, Brexit again
It’s never as good as we think, or as bad…just somewhere in between !
Have a Great “Reminder of the Real Facts” Day !
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth