About four years ago, we had a fabulous speaker, Tom Clark who has multiple decades of experiences at the Social Security Administration as an expert lecturer….
In November of 2015 new laws dramatically changed (limited) many of the Social Security techniques and benefits.
With a few more years under our belts and the change of laws, we wanted to bring Tom back in for an update, refresher, complete analysis of what is happening now, and what may lie ahead for that ever so important benefit, Social Security!
Save the Date
April 27, 2019
Dallas Athletic Club
After 33 years of service at the Social Security administration, Mr. Clark now has a second career, spending time with groups like ours, helping them become educated in making the correct decisions and informing them on the intricacies of the Social Security and Medicare System.
Not to worry, Mr. Clark’s last years at the administration found him doing over 300 of these type of events per year.
We will be doing a multi-part complete analysis of Tom’s discussion after the event here at street-cents.com, but please send us questions NOW to formulate a list for Mr. Clark to be asked at the event! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some questions we have already begun accumulating – just to give you ideas:
- Last time we spoke you were VERY certain Social Security would be there for all of us upon retirement – With all of the changes, do you still feel this way?
- Can you explain the divorced verses divorced and remarried benefits?
- Have you ever heard of someone being offered a lump sum of retroactive Social Security benefits?
- November of 2015 ushered in new laws and changes, are there any neat techniques that survived?
- Can you explain non US citizen spousal benefits?
- We have been told many of the benefit statements are not always accurate, understating the actual eventual benefit, has this been your experience?
That should give you some good ideas, but we want more – bring em on and we will get them to Mr. Clark in advance, post here as a summary – and after the event, give a detailed direct answer!
Have a Great “Soon to be informed Social Security” Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP