Hello this is your official reminder to RSVP for the Social Security event.
It’s going to come very fast since this weekend is a holiday weekend … Capital Markets and our office will be closed on Friday.
We look forward to seeing you and a friend where the subject matter may be applicable at our Social Security event Saturday, April 27 at DAC – Dallas Athletic Club at 10 AM for a fun special informative visit with our local Social Security expert and former Social Security three decade Employee, Mr. Tom Clark !
Here are our questions so far- but we want more – keep them coming!
- Last time we spoke you were VERY certain Social Security would be there for all of us upon retirement – With all of the changes, do you still feel this way?
- Can you explain the divorced verses divorced and remarried benefits?
- Have you ever heard of someone being offered a lump sum of retroactive Social Security benefits?
- November of 2015 ushered in new laws and changes, are there any neat techniques that survived?
- Can you explain non US citizen spousal benefits?
- We have been told many of the benefit statements are not always accurate, understating the actual eventual benefit, has this been your experience?
- How much can I earn and not receive penalties if I retire before my full retirement age?
- The Full Retirement Age keeps being pushed out, will this continue? Is there a schedule?
- How long do I have to report my Social Security earnings if they were not reported by an employer?
- For many years I did not draw on an ex spouses earnings by accident – using only my earnings benefit, can I request some sort of look back to get my full benefits?
- If want to change my Social Security election decision after I made it and have been drawing benefits, Can I do that?
- Do I have to take Social Security Benefits ? What if I do not want to?
- Is it better to sign up in person or use the website, or does it matter?
- My wife is not a US citizen, does that affect her spousal benefits?
- Will Social Security always be there in your opinion?
- What percent of people take benefits early, at full retirement age and as late as possible?
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – We welcome any and all!
Here is your personal video invite:
Here is your traditional invite:
Have a Great “Soon to be Social Security Experts” Day!
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP