Hello and Welcome to our May 2023 Financial Planning and Capital Market Update!
If you are too busy to read, feel free to listen as we describe our post and thoughts in friendly podcast audio format as well as Video!
We like to articulate our thoughts and review on a Monthly basis our Financial Planning Tips, Capital Markets thoughts and current events!
Hope you enjoy!
May 2023 Video –
Financial Planning Tip(s)
Berkshire Hathaway – Buffett Munger Words to Live By
In this post Charlie Munger and Warren Buffet are discussed in great details… along with a secret to speeding the time to listen (1.75x speed)…..
Main thoughts to live by from Charlie and Warren:
- The world is full of foolish gamblers, and they will not do as well as the patient investor.
- If you don’t see the world the way it is, it’s like judging something through a distorted lens.
- All I want to know is where I’m going to die, so I’ll never go there. And a related thought:
Early on, write your desired obituary – and then behave accordingly.
- If you don’t care whether you are rational or not, you won’t work on it. Then you will stay
irrational and get lousy results.
- Patience can be learned. Having a long attention span and the ability to concentrate on one
thing for a long time is a huge advantage.
- There is no such thing as a 100% sure thing when investing. Thus, the use of leverage is dangerous. A string of wonderful numbers times zero will always equal zero.
Particularly added this as just last week, saw a review of the meeting that completely missed several of these points in my opinion.
Capital Market Comments –
Debt Ceiling Fizzle- All done until after next elections
Much of our confidence on the matter comes from our contacts that we have developed over the years that try to give us a 100% straight scoop as much as possible…. They could always be wrong, but being numbers folks, we go with the odds…
They were right, once again!
Have a Great Day, Talk to You at the End of June !
John A. Kvale CFA, CFP
Founder of J.K. Financial, Inc.
A Dallas Texas based fee only
Financial Planning Total Wealth